M20 Among Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road trip?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Road trip? Empty Road trip?

Post by Hedy Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:07 pm

Anyone want to give me a lift up to Illinois? I've got a bunch of stuff up there and if I'm gonna live here for a while I'd kinda like to close out my apartment there.

Last edited by Hedy on Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Hedy
Hedy

Back to top Go down

Road trip? Empty Re: Road trip?

Post by superfamoustia/Lu Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:30 pm

Absolutely! I wonder if there's a chantry along the way, where we could spend the night-?
superfamoustia/Lu
superfamoustia/Lu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspen Wright Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:01 am

/vibrates with glee/
Aspen Wright
Aspen Wright

superfamoustia/Lu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:09 pm

No idea. A week ago I didn't really know chantries were a thing. To be honest, I hadn't really thought about sleeping arrangement. I hadn't checked ... 16 hours? Oh.
Well, if you're still up for it I guess that's cool, but I ... Look, I don't travel much. Maybe I'll just try to wrong warp there and save a ton of gas costs.
Hedy
Hedy

Back to top Go down

Post by superfamoustia/Lu Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:30 pm

Noooo no no no Hedy we don't need you smacking into another building! I bet Aspen and I could take turns driving, yeah, Aspen? Then we wouldn't have to spend the night anywhere. We got this! It'll be an adventure! We shall bring All The Caffeine!
superfamoustia/Lu
superfamoustia/Lu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:08 pm

I mean, I don't mind driving, also the clipping was just the one time.

But yea, sure, I can go for 36 hours on enough Monster. Did that for a marathon stream a couple months ago. Get a day's nap after, and you're fine 🥴

We may as will crash there though; I got a car to bring back. But I've got a spare futon and I can take the floor if we need. Or whatever, hotels are a thing too, of we'd rather.
Hedy
Hedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:09 pm

Out of character: I was thinking this would be a fun way to flesh out character, and here I am dealing with logistics for an imaginary trip. I didn't think this though 🤣
Hedy
Hedy

Storyteller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superfamoustia/Lu Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:32 pm

(Agatha: HA!! It's funny how quickly the details become A Thing in a game set in our own time and place;). I feel like when I play D&D or Pathfinder, I'm just like, yeah whatever we take a horse and camp every night. Bada-bing bada-boom. Wink -Tiaaaa)
superfamoustia/Lu
superfamoustia/Lu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspen Wright Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:06 pm

Aspen notes he can probably make gas out of water. if you want to try magic gasoline?

And he's completely comfortable sleeping in a car.. oh wait we're going to be going North? where the Cold lives?
It's ok, he'll bring his bomber jacket. It wards off the Cold. and wool camping blankets. it will be fine.

Yeah and we can play our favorite albums! I've got them on cassette, cd, and my iPod.
Aspen Wright
Aspen Wright

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:08 pm

Aspen Wright wrote:Aspen notes he can probably make gas out of water. if you want to try magic gasoline?

Oh that's handy. Oh! Can I watch that? Cause I think I could maybe mimic that? Like I've done it with energy drinks—you know, fill them with water, but then force reset the fluid content flags to be what they were when it was just opened. Assuming that a gas can uses similar encoding, it should be pretty doable.

It's not that cold up there usually; it's basically Kentucky, you know?. [side note: what time of year is it in universe? Or was that established and I missed it?] I guess if you're used to Florida it might be.

I got lots of blankets up there when we get there, cause I'm always cold, so that'll be a thing. Oh, but the apartment's gonna be a bit chilly at first, cause the heat there sucks and I don't like to leave a space heater on while I'm out. Cause burning down the place and all.
Hedy
Hedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspen Wright Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:44 pm

Watch how I try to turn water to gas? sure! no problem.

However.
Ma'am.

Madam.
It snows in Kentucky.
Do they have palm trees in Kentucky?
no.

The Cold is there.

Anywhere above Georgia or 3,000 feet isn't to be trusted with the temperature.

But like i said, i should be fine. I've got a jacket and such.
Aspen Wright
Aspen Wright

Storyteller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Storyteller Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:02 pm

There would be a Chantry or two you could stop at on your way if you wanted. I could flesh things out and tell you about them...or not, as pleased you.
water to gas would work, you naughty boy.
Yes, for Floridians, it is cold.

Storyteller
Admin

https://m20af.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspen Wright Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:52 pm

Free Gas
spheres: matter 2
Divine Chaos, Earthly Order - we can change the aspects of things materially by nudging the wibbly wobbly Divine that fuels (heh, fuels, get it?) or commands the objects in reality.
Practice: Knotwork, urban shamanism.
instruments: loosely knotted length of hose, splash of Everglades water. Singing "free bird"
If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on now
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see
But if I stay here with you, girl
Things just couldn't be the same
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
and lots of vocalized guitar bwa bw bwaa waa!

So we fill up a 5 gallon jug with water. Preferably from an outdoor tap, or like, a strongly flowing gutter or drainpipe? a gas station bathroom sink will do also. (need a separate hose and funnel for that though)
Next add a dash of Everglades water. It's one of the most chaotically divine plaes I know of and is a sort of catalyst? i guess?
Now we're gonna siphon the water from the water jug into the gas can through this specific hose here. I've loosely knotted it in a Diamond Knot. This makes a sort of Labryinth for the liquid to travel through and come out different at the other end.

We're putting it into a gas can instead of directly into the car though, cause A) gas cans are where gas Goes. It's like, a proper place? there's gas in gas cans, not water. this is logical. and b) If I mess up, then we're not having to siphon water out of the car.

Probably coincidental? I think if we take the water from one place, and then do the spell at a different place it would be more coincidental. Thoughts?

Seems like a standard feat to me?
Aspen Wright
Aspen Wright

Storyteller and superfamoustia/Lu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superfamoustia/Lu Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:31 pm

Lu: <absolute star-eyes> "You're amazing. I mean, in a ... as a, in a friend-way, I mean FRIEND, YOU ARE AMAZING. Friend. <cough> Hedy, let's do this! Who's got favorite road trip snacks?? I'm a Twizzlers and Mountain Dew gal, myself. The Dew is a holdover from drama camp. Hehe. Gosh, will we see mountains, though?? Oh I'd love to see, like, actual mountain dew! <absolute star-eyes again>" <snaps out of it and packs a thousand blankets for the car ride, just in case; considers quickly learning to knit so everyone can have mittens and scarves and hats MATCHING GEAR OMG>
superfamoustia/Lu
superfamoustia/Lu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspen Wright Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:37 pm

Very Happy Thank you! that means so much
shoulder hug!
It should cut back on costs for gas, but probably won't cover everything?

I like GORP, water, and gas station coffee. Oh and jerkey. :3
Aspen Wright
Aspen Wright

Back to top Go down

Post by superfamoustia/Lu Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:38 pm

(Tia is dying at the shoulder hug lol! )
superfamoustia/Lu
superfamoustia/Lu

Back to top Go down

Post by superfamoustia/Lu Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:39 pm

"I'll handle any other expenses. Easy-peasy Savings Account squeezy. Middle-aged lady with no kids, weee." <she goes quiet for a moment. maybe you notice, maybe you don't - she is masking it with busy-work>
superfamoustia/Lu
superfamoustia/Lu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:54 pm

Madam.
It snows in Kentucky.
Do they have palm trees in Kentucky?
no.

I mean, like maybe three inches a year, does that even count?. But sure, it's cooler than here.

For snacks, I usually get like some chips or something and a Monster. Gorp is cool, but I do need some caffeine if I'm gonna need driving. Helps me concentrate on it.

Anyone else interested in coming?
Hedy
Hedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:55 pm

superfamoustia wrote:(Tia is dying at the shoulder hug lol! )
Poor Lu. 💔😂
Hedy
Hedy

Storyteller and superfamoustia/Lu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:07 pm

Doctor looks almost confused you would ask him, but after thinking about it for a moment nods. "I suppose it would be interesting to see so much. And I can bring my truck if you would like, more room for people and or stuff coming back." Pulling out his phone he sends Inventor a text asking him if he would start work on project H.A.R.P. Hyper Auditory Relay Program. AKA a two way raido.

Dr. C. Loan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspen Wright Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:50 pm

Hey Doctor, what kind of road snacks... wait you probably haven't done much in the way of like, recreational road trips with snacks yet? Man this is gonna be a great time for you! Defender's coming too, yeah? We can stop by a Costco and pick out some truly nutritionally deficient snacks! Very Happy
(Livia mirrors his Very Happy with a :^ of similar glee)

Oh, and I wanted to check with folks: Normally when i'm driving I always stop to help hitchhikers or people walking along the roads. It feels a bit more important to me now with like, the Awakening and all? I wanted to check how ya'll felt about it.
Aspen Wright
Aspen Wright

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:22 pm

"Seems like a good way to find people and need."

Dr. C. Loan

Back to top Go down

Post by Storyteller Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:54 pm

Do y'all need me? You seem like you've got this, but I see it petered out, so I'm happy to give you road trip adventures. Very Happy
I love the interactions. People's characters are shining bright <3

Storyteller
Admin

https://m20af.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:25 pm

Yea, I think I just lost track of responding to it 😓

"So, we all good to head out in the morning?"
Hedy doesn't seem to have bothered bringing anything, likely due to all of her stuff being on the far end of the trip.

And her idea of travel music is ... unorthodox https://youtu.be/ErKyetWQfq0
Hedy
Hedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:29 am

As far as snack I would be interested to try new things, so whatever you like I shall try.

Dr. C. Loan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum