M20 Among Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equipment Requests

+2
superfamoustia/Lu
Aspen Wright
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Equipment Requests Empty Equipment Requests

Post by Dr. C. Loan Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:20 am

Doctor makes it knows that if people need anything built, he would be happy to work on some new projects. If there is something you need built or invented or some tech modified or enhanced. Perhaps improving an engine or things like that.

Dr. C. Loan

Storyteller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Equipment Requests Empty Re: Equipment Requests

Post by Aspen Wright Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:46 pm

Heya Doc, Inventor, Defender,
So I'm wondering about like... a more environmentally friendly HVAC for my laundromat.
So the dryers leak a lot of heat when they run, and that heats up the place. Plus, ya know, Florida.
So my AC has to work double time to make the place comfortable.

Maybe a trinket to recycle the excess heat from the dryers?
Or like hm, a new style of doors that doesn't let heat escape?

I've only got the first level of Forces, and I think I could do that with second level.
But also while I can do like, building construction and I could probably repair a dryer, I'm not very skilled at like... machining new equipment.

What do you think?
Aspen Wright
Aspen Wright

Storyteller and Dr. C. Loan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superfamoustia/Lu Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:59 pm

Lu:
"Oh oh oh, you mentioned helping with the Extrovert Shield and I never got back to you - WOW so much happens around here in a day! - but I would love to try to make that happen for Hedy! So it would maybe be...some button she could push? Like on her key ring or something? And it would ping me (no matter where I am?? Or maybe just if I'm in a certain radius??) and then I could, I dunno, channel the power of my decent Will or massive Charisma - it's weird to say these things about my ME, but, hey, I'm too old to not know my strengths, yeah? I try to do what the kids say and 'work it' - and anyway, then the person's attention would be drawn to ME and away from Hedy?? Too convoluted/complex? I mean, probably not for YOU, Doctor. Your brain is amazing. I mean, oh, I don't know what I mean. But that's the request! Yay!"
superfamoustia/Lu
superfamoustia/Lu

Storyteller and Dr. C. Loan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:20 pm

So I have some personal issues going on and that being said, my favorite thing is this game right now. So I am going to be doing some in depth answers for both requests so far... wink wink, nudge, nudge... but as a place holder or prologue these are my thoughts out of character before I work up the scenes and rolls.

At a glance I lack a second dot in Correspondence for Lu and a dot of Forces for Aspen. That being said I can still do partial helps now and plot for future. Doctor is pretty open to suggestion in what ways the group feels he could improve, because he is starting to imprint on you all (good luck with that).

Right now I can fix and improve all machines in the laundromat or elsewhere with potentially amazing results.

Right now I can create (I think) a machine that is a panic (social anxiety panic) button.

Both of these would not be magic and I am happy to do.

Once I have the spheres I could potentially create a panic button you could magic through at semi short range and science up the energy in the laundromat to be 200 percent effectivity, ill make u a darn battery.

Try not to get shot and I will assume your bullet proof clothes requests are more geared towards these requests for now!

Dr. C. Loan

Storyteller and superfamoustia/Lu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:39 pm

Or possibly with ST approval if we work together somehow I could do it if someone else has the Spheres.

Dr. C. Loan

Back to top Go down

Post by superfamoustia/Lu Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:55 pm

This is so cool!! Thank you, thoughtful Mick and wonderful Lys! Mick, I hope all is well or will soon be well for ya. And I am very excited about Loan imprinting Smile. Ha! Amazing.

I am VERY INTERESTED in collaborative magick. I have a dot of Forces now! Lys, if there is a way that Lu could put that into play to help Loan with Aspen's request, I'd be so up for that!
superfamoustia/Lu
superfamoustia/Lu

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:17 pm

Doctor asks his mentor if they might help with Forces and also include Lu since they are interested (we can do a scene!) and Hedy to help with Correspondence since they have semi conductive styles. (we can also do a scene) and anyone that wants to help, again assume that could work, can participate)

[pretty sure i need forces two, i have 1 myself, but assistance would still help]6

Dr. C. Loan

superfamoustia/Lu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:52 pm

Hedy looks a bit abashed "I did kinda intend that as a joke, but I mean, having a way to summon others would still be pretty useful.  And uh, yea I could, uh, the code to force a wrong warp isn't too difficult once you get the hang of it. I mean, my arrival notwithstanding."

As she starts talking about how to code it, she picks up significantly, "Oh, but a generalized summoning adds some difficulty, cause you'd need to be able to generalize destination points, and without knowing what the destinations are going to look like, that's nontrivial. You would be basing it on a target person, though, so you could first pull their location data and offset it by, say 40 small form units."

She kinda waves off a thought at she realizes that said units are meaningless, "um, like, about five feet; It'd be 108 in base 10 and I'm like 113 tall. But, uh, yea, a few feet and in the direction the summoner is looking? Then set their rotation to face the summoner?" She pauses briefly, "Yea, yea you'd need to just set the y angle to 0 and fix the y position of the summoned to that of the summoner, plus several units to account for different centers of mass, but all of that would be either constants or consistently parsable from accessible data."

She seems to snap back to reality for a second before interjecting, " Oh, but, um, you'd want to get consent from the summoned, so that you don't just yoink them out unaware. But I think I might be able to help with that too! I've been working on trying to parse data from thoughts, kinda figuring out where those are encoded. You mind if I try something real quick?" She asks somewhat excitedly
Hedy
Hedy

Back to top Go down

Post by superfamoustia/Lu Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:12 pm

(Lu is smiling and also agape) "I don't mind anything at all! Unless you mean the doctor? Hedy, your brain...ha! You're just awesome. Ok. Sorry. Didn't mean to embarrass you. Ijustcan'thelpityou'resoimpressive ok sorry, ahem."
superfamoustia/Lu
superfamoustia/Lu

Hedy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:21 pm

A bit flustered, "oh, no, no, it's no big deal, really, just repurposing other code. Umm, but for what I'm trying, it doesn't really matter, I just haven't tested it on anyone else, and so I'm not 100% it'll work. I'm pretty sure I've checked everything I can, and I'm almost completely sure that it won't do anything bad; at most it'll just do nothing. But, umm, do me a favor and keep thinking of a word, like, uh, 'lemons' I want to verify that I can isolate your thought flow first, and then I'm gonna try to send a message to it."
Hedy
Hedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:29 pm

After a few moments she looks up triumphantly only for nothing to happen. "Uh, anything? ..."

"I guess not. Damn. I'm pretty sure I got a fix, but thoughts are too chaotic, and I can't really parse too much.  And it looks like pushing a message is out entirely." She sighs "well, I could probably get a yes/no, buuut I couldn't ask the question in the first place. 🫤 You should probably find someone who's got actual mind magic and see if they could contribute. Is that something you could do Lu?"
Hedy
Hedy

Back to top Go down

Post by superfamoustia/Lu Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:45 pm

"Lemonslemonslem- oh, wait, oh it didn't work? Sorry, Hedy! Maybe I didn't think it in the right...way? I don't have any mind magick yet. I should probably try for that next...I was nervous about seeming too manipulative though? If I got that kind of magick? I spent years fooling people 'for their own good.' I dunno how I feel about REALLY being able to get into their HEADS now.... But, haha, maybe I'm over-thinking it. I should dance about it!" <she begins a series of gestures that may or may not be clearly based off the idea of lemons and brains>
superfamoustia/Lu
superfamoustia/Lu

Storyteller and Hedy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedy Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:52 pm

"yea, no, that's a pretty reasonable take. I mean not that you would or, uh--I just mean that I'm little creeped out by the idea of being able to steal people's thoughts. I could probably have a better grasp on this, but I don't want to push boundaries and I sure as hell don't want to get used to feeling like it's an option" 😓
Hedy
Hedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:53 am

I can create whatever basic tech you all need to try, I was going to just make like emergency transponders that we could activate for base level. I think with correspondence and Prime at moderate levels I could create a link point where you could cast magic through. That was my initial idea for that anyway. And for the laundromat just give me a few days to tinker and work on your stuff to start.

Dr. C. Loan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbueluss Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:28 pm

I need a device that would hold up to 12 books and turn the pages of a specific book with the pull of a lever or just read them aloud in different keys
Dubbueluss
Dubbueluss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbueluss Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:07 pm

Hedy wrote:"yea, no, that's a pretty reasonable take. I mean not that you would or, uh--I just mean that I'm little creeped out by the idea of being able to steal people's thoughts. I could probably have a better grasp on this, but I don't want to push boundaries and I sure as hell don't want to get used to feeling like it's an option" 😓

the true power of the mind sphere isn't in what can be taken out or put into anothers mind but in what you can do with your own. Most people have nothing worth taking that couldn't be found in more mundane practices. Should anyone be interested I could teach you meditation, and how to lucid dream. I might even be able to point you in the direction of establishing your own demence.
Dubbueluss
Dubbueluss

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspen Wright Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:11 pm

Alexander, I could totally use some pointers on meditation. Master Eu said I should, but I can't manage to sit in one place that long.
Aspen Wright
Aspen Wright

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbueluss Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:51 pm

walk in circles or preform katas meditation is about stillness of the mind not the body
Dubbueluss
Dubbueluss

Back to top Go down

Post by Storyteller Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:50 am

This might be one of my favorite threads. I love y'all and your crazy brains.
Just checking in from the hotel couch at 3 in the morning...
yes, I am down for collaborative casting if you can get the dots from within the party (or you can run something to see if an NPC can help you).
If you need pointers on group casting, you can hit up several of the NPCs for a scene OR you can look it up in the book and assume you learned it in DT with your mentors. There are several that are really good at it in the chantry though, and some others who don't do it, for reasons.

Group casting is gonna need people to be on the same page (to a certain degree) and is a blend of magick and magickal techniques, so if the person is unable to do magick in your way, a mind effect like Alexander used with Willa can also be really useful to bring people together.

Storyteller
Admin

https://m20af.forumotion.com

Dr. C. Loan and superfamoustia/Lu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:48 pm

Dubbueluss wrote:I need a device that would hold up to 12 books and turn the pages of a specific book with the pull of a lever or just read them aloud in different keys

Doctor hold up a Kindle. "Like this, or something more archaic? I could build something less advanced, but it will be much larger."

Dr. C. Loan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbueluss Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:56 pm

Doctor hold up a Kindle. "Like this, or something more archaic?  I could build something less advanced, but it will be much larger."[/quote]

imagine 12 people trying to read 12 different books at the same time but they are all sitting in the same chair. if yon mystic slate could facilitate their needs then I would say that it shall suffice for my own. how long will it take for you to craft one and teach me it's use.
Dubbueluss
Dubbueluss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:17 am

"I'm totally going to build you a learning bed! It will take a bit just to get the materials and such, though I might be able to use nanotech to speed up the process. I will give you a better idea as soon as I can."

Dr. C. Loan

Storyteller and Hedy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbueluss Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:35 pm

there are a few places around town that have a bunch of stuff just laying around for the taking. it's were I found most of the things in my camp I could pop over some night and grab some semi raw materials for you
Dubbueluss
Dubbueluss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:39 am

Dubbueluss wrote:there are  a few places around town that have a bunch of stuff just laying around for the taking. it's were I found most of the things in my camp I could pop over some night and grab some semi raw materials for you

I think your prolly stealing stuff, so ummm, maybe check with one of us before you go scavenging more, or make sure your not stealing from people in need please.

Dr. C. Loan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. C. Loan Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:46 pm

Utilizing Alexander offer to go hunting for materials for me, I send him and Researcher to the junkyard to scavenge materials, old motors, scrap metal, gears and all sorts of mechanical goodies. I will supplement this with my own funds and get to work on the projects. First I am going to work on creating a basic device similar to a life alert system. A small button that can be pressed that sends a signal to another button. If the second button is pressed audio is opened between the two buttons. Non magical in nature and not terribly complicated, this device could be the basis of Lu and Hedy's item, though the enhancement of it I am not so sure about right now, it will be there to enhance as we gain the ability and clarity to do so.

Second will be the washers and dryers, tinkering to improve over time and setting up some basic extra's so when my genius advances, I can improve them further, basically I am adding in alternators and increased energy storage that won't be functional yet but eventually will turn the machines in little generators.

Lastly the big job for Alexander I will be working on with Inventors help, I will have him working on cutting fabricating the parts of the outer shell. Then once we have the outer part cut and welded together, I will be working on mounting several screens and asking Hedy's help to program tablets to hold a variety of information and also automatically turn pages if they are book tablets. When completed it is similar to the Darth Vader Egg, basically you get in sit down and it closes around you, with several screens lighting up in front of the subject all programmed to display everything from history to the arts to scientific principles, effectively allowing you to study any number of topics. Without higher mind functions its useless unless you want a migraine.

All rolls are done in my private channel, I think I have all things done but will need to consult lys to find out how long it takes and if I need to make more rolls. I had a genuinely horrid roll for the last one of the learning bed lol, hopefully my merits and specialties save it.

Dr. C. Loan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum